Next Generation Sequencing
Massively parallel, high throughput sequencing for whole genome sequencing, species identification, and shotgun metagenomics.
Sequencing the genome of a pathogen enables the detection of particular species and variants. Mutations in the genome may change how transmissible a pathogen is and how symptoms develop. Our advanced whole genome sequencing capabilities complement the pathogen detection and genomics testing carried out in our PCR testing lab. As well as this, NGS also enables the following research areas.
- Rapid sequencing of whole genomes.
- Deep sequencing of target regions.
- Studying the human microbiome.
- Utilizing RNA sequencing (RNA-Seq) to discover novel RNA variants and splice sites, or quantifying mRNAs for gene expression analysis.
- Sequencing cancer samples to study rare somatic variants, tumour subclones, and more.
- Analysing epigenetic factors such as genome-wide DNA methylation and DNA-protein interactions.
High throughput automated workflows give reliable, accurate and high quality data. Our laboratory makes use of the latest state-of-the-art equipment to ensure the highest accuracy and sensitivity.
- Ion GeneStudio™ S5 Prime Sequencer for rapid throughput semiconductor based targeted sequencing.
- Ion Chef™ Instrument for automated library preparation and chip templating.
Accurate and reliable
Our sequencing systems are capable of a read depth of more than 1000 times with more than 90% coverage. Massively parallel next generation sequencing gives more than 15 million reads in a single workflow, ensuring accurate and reliable data. Samples are processed in our accredited lab here at EM Analytical, which conforms to all regulatory requirements, including ISO 17025 for testing swab samples for SARS-CoV-2.